Freshwater Fish

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see some pics of your tropical fish......they are so much easier to photograph than marine :)

My male breeding Pearl Gourami

IMG_1627.JPG

Pair of bonded Angels with bonus points if you can find the Zebra Pleco

IMG_1628.JPG

Red Tailed Shark

IMG_1629.JPG

TwinTail Halfmoom Betta...I also have the female but she is in a different tank to keep them from killing each other.

IMG_1632.JPG

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice.....I have a spotted Pleco also (along with my Zebra) but I never see either of them lol.
Our petco has been getting in some of the more rare plecos. They have been getting snowballs for $25. That is 1/2 or more off than what everyone else sells them for around me.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice.....I have a spotted Pleco also (along with my Zebra) but I never see either of them lol.
If you don't mind saying, how much did you pay for your Zebra. I got one at Aquashella but he only lasted about 6 months. He was coming out and eating pellets but died for no reason I could see. I think I paid $170 for him. One of the LFS bought a bunch of them at the same Aquashella and marked them up to $300 in their store!

I'm lucky that there is a freshwater "show" like a frag swap that is held 2 to 3 times a year here. They have probably 50 vendors, though half probably are just equipment and plants, but still get a descent selection with a lot of home grown stuff. It gets a lot more foot traffic than our frag swaps. The last couple of frag swaps (excluding Aquashella) didn't have 50 or less people attend. The last freshwater one there were hundreds there. I spent 30 minutes driving around waiting for someone to leave so I could park.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind saying, how much did you pay for your Zebra. I got one at Aquashella but he only lasted about 6 months. He was coming out and eating pellets but died for no reason I could see. I think I paid $170 for him. One of the LFS bought a bunch of them at the same Aquashella and marked them up to $300 in their store!

I'm lucky that there is a freshwater "show" like a frag swap that is held 2 to 3 times a year here. They have probably 50 vendors, though half probably are just equipment and plants, but still get a descent selection with a lot of home grown stuff. It gets a lot more foot traffic than our frag swaps. The last couple of frag swaps (excluding Aquashella) didn't have 50 or less people attend. The last freshwater one there were hundreds there. I spent 30 minutes driving around waiting for someone to leave so I could park.
I have actually never been to a freshwater swap.....fortunately I have a couple of "specialized" LFSs that keep a lot of the rarer Cichlids and Plecos. I only paid 120 for mine but he was pretty small.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back