jlayne503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey experts, I have a frogspawn that I recently got and it has not been doing well. It was fully extended when it was at my lfs, but ever since I brought it home, it has never been the same. I have some other corals in the tank (acan, favia, candy cane, and a hammer.) They are all doing fine except for the frogspawn. My parameters are listed below;
Calcium: 400-410 ppm
Alkalinity: 9.8 dKH
Magnesium: 1360
Nitrate: around 5ppm
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
ph: 7.8-7.9
The frogspawn is sitting at around 150 PAR and has low flow. I couldn't think of anything in the tank that is bothering it. I am willing to try anything to get it back to good health.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey experts, I have a frogspawn that I recently got and it has not been doing well. It was fully extended when it was at my lfs, but ever since I brought it home, it has never been the same. I have some other corals in the tank (acan, favia, candy cane, and a hammer.) They are all doing fine except for the frogspawn. My parameters are listed below;
Calcium: 400-410 ppm
Alkalinity: 9.8 dKH
Magnesium: 1360
Nitrate: around 5ppm
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
ph: 7.8-7.9
The frogspawn is sitting at around 150 PAR and has low flow. I couldn't think of anything in the tank that is bothering it. I am willing to try anything to get it back to good health.
Try less light

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.5%
Back