• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 2+ Wave Pump pair

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a pair of these pumps for sale. They were purchased in December 2023. They are very quiet and run off one control box with is nice. They are also able to be app controlled.

Reason for sale:I tried to get away from MP40's, but heading back that way.

Currently being cleaned then will post pictures. Will ship in their original boxes. Work up to 12 MM glass.

Only selling as a pair.

$375 shipped OBO

Last edited:

RobertP1969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask why are you heading back to the MP40's? I was just thinkinking about making the switch to the Octo's

OP
OP
indyjaco

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask why are you heading back to the MP40's? I was just thinkinking about making the switch to the Octo's

I’ve come home a few time to the pumps being off. I think it’s an app/WiFi issue. My travel schedule this summer is making me change so family doesn’t have to worry.

They are dead silent and the ability to pivot is wonderful.

OP
OP
indyjaco

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6402.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpeg
    IMG_6403.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 14

iannarelli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 on the back wall of a 36” cube and I run them dialed way down.
Hmmm, two might be a lot in a smaller cube. Do you know if it's possible with the Wave Engine or the Plus controller/app if these can these be dialed down past the 850 GPH limit in the manual. If not, even at the lowest setting I'd probably need to run them in an almost 180-degree anti sync or something.

knecht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hmmm, two might be a lot in a smaller cube. Do you know if it's possible with the Wave Engine or the Plus controller/app if these can these be dialed down past the 850 GPH limit in the manual. If not, even at the lowest setting I'd probably need to run them in an almost 180-degree anti sync or something.
I run mine on a WE2 and reduce the schedule to 1 - 30% overnight and it is very calm. I also just tried changing the schedule to operate between 1 - 10%, and it appeared to work fine. It definitely appears to be lower than 850GPH.

Last edited:

iannarelli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine on a WE2 and reduce the schedule to 1 - 30% overnight and it is very calm. I also just tried changing the schedule to operate between 1 - 10%, and it appeared to work fine. It definitely appears to be lower than 850GPH.
Thanks so much for testing that out for me!

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Do you use direct connect and just from the hydros app or also use 10v?

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I use the Hydros direct connect cables.
Maybe you would have some insight in this problem then. I have a varios 2 that I hooked up to my wave engine via direct connect but no matter what I do in the app I can't get the pump speed to change. It always shows the shaft RPM at the same number. I figured I'd have to use the 10 volt connector and hook it up to the controller as well but for some reason that didn't seem right.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back