Fuge Lights

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious to see how long you have your lights on for in the fuge?
I have heard it should be opposite the show, and to run it non stop.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I was running chaeto, I ran my fuge light 24/7.

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run my fuge on a reverse photoperiod...but, what is different in my fuge than most folks is that i have an enormous amount of xenia growing like weeds.....oh yeah..i have some chaeto in there too!

I run the fuge lights for 16 hours, but it gets a lot of light indirectly b/c it's close to my windows...so it prolly only gets close to 4 or 5 hours of total darkness

the growth rate of the xenia is explosive, to say the least....but the chaeto growth rate could be improved a bit...i'm only reaping chaeto every 2 weeks or so.... ideally, growth should be so much that weekly harvesting is required

Zach

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run my fuge light on my reef for like 20hrs, i turn it off for a couple hours at night so it doesn't light up the apartment so i can get some sleep. it turns back on early in the morning after i'm already asleep. its one of those screw in bulbs that is supposed to be the ultimate fuge light. my cheato doesn't grow very well, but its growing alot better now on 20hrs than it was on 12hrs or 16hrs.

i also have a tiny AC110 fuge on my 7g minibow, under 2x9w PC bulbs. the stuff grows like crazy. the light is on 24/7.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 110 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back