OP
OP
R

ReefRescue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find a picture of the way the sump was originally set up, but in the video bellow you should be able to get an idea of how it was, the sump was on the right hand side under the tank.
The tank was custom ordered, with all the holes coming through the overflow, two 1.5" drains, and five 1" returns.
This already presented a major problem, after calling the manufacture of the tank and finding out that the bottom and the back panels are tempered glass. Which meant I wasn't going to be able to drill any more holes.
And with the tank being built in a cabinet in the bedroom right against the wall, the option of hanging returns wasn't possible.
With this whole idea, and looking more and more into the way the system was set up, the size of the sump, restriction of space near or within the sump for an efficient skimmer, the close loop which was set up as a return and the high pressure return pump going through the chiller, I realized it wasn't possible to salvage his set up.
So after inspecting and investigating further into possibilities, I saw the possibility of building a dedicated fish room.
Directly outside, behind where the tank was sitting upstairs, runs the chimney for the fire place. At the ground level on both sides of it, there were storage units built for keeping fire wood on one side and lawn chairs in the other.
Not being very optimistic I asked Larry if he would consider, getting rid of these two storage units and building a dedicated fish room except much higher in height since the storage units were 4' tall.
And to my surprise, he loved the idea and wondered why no one else thought about it earlier.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back