FYI on apex from lfs

wrasseluver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks back I had a problem with my apex so I sent it off to get fixed. The v1 and v2 ports went bad. Now just FYI if you buy any apex from any store make sure it still has a warranty. I bought my apex from a lfs that had it on the shelf for 18 month new in the box. I bought it in the yearly part of this year I think Feb. After apex got the apex unit with a copy of the receipt I got a call from apex saying it was out of warranty and it would cost me $100 to fix it. I wasn't happy about it and ask why if I bought it new from my lfs why I'm getting charged to fix it I was told the warranty starts when apex send it of to lfs. So this is just a heads up to everyone looking to buy an apex make sure you call apex and ask how long you have left on the warranty. I'm not mad at anyone but myself for not double checking the info before I bought the unit.

OMG Corals

meat popsicle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me that is wrong. Warranty should start when the unit is put into operation with the original purchaser. Sounds like a way outta fixing it for you to me. I would let the lfs know and see if they can help you in any way.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that really is some bs. Ordered mine late last week through my lfs, going to check now to see if he ordered it direct or through another avenue. Thanks for the heads up, sorry the info had to come at your expense though.

Reef lvr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's wrong i want to get one myself, don't know now after all the bs i been hearing about them.. Deff like Troylee said, send a link to this thread to them! GL

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree its away to get outta standing behind your product. Totally bs and should be illegal to do it. Think you'd want customers to be happy but today its getting to be once they get your money then they happy n don't care bout the person who's the customer getting quality for their money.

Big steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wrasseluver

wrasseluver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I'm not trying to start any with apex or lfs. I'm taking this as a lesson learned and I'll make sure I check with the manufacture that the product has a warranty in place. I just posted this to inform everyone.

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are all LFS going to sell them advertized with no warranty. Or the longer it sits on their shelf the lower the price. Why buy new? You dont get a warranty

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell em prorated pricing as they do auto battery warranty when ya use it. LOL its just wrong as everyone stated.
Big Steve

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I'm not trying to start any with apex or lfs. I'm taking this as a lesson learned and I'll make sure I check with the manufacture that the product has a warranty in place. I just posted this to inform everyone.

Seriously? I'd wanna start something with both of them until someone helped out...

aquafrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is the weakest excuse for a warranty I have ever heard. The unit was most likely bad from day one. not good for the consumer or the retailer!!!:eek:oh:

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
western digital has the same policy so do all the other major players in the electronics industry.

you guys fail to realize what guarantee does the manufacturer have that its not been used for that long of a duration. IMO its the sellers responsibility to do something or contact apex on behalf on the customer since it sat on their shelf for so long.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
western digital has the same policy so do all the other major players in the electronics industry.

you guys fail to realize what guarantee does the manufacturer have that its not been used for that long of a duration. IMO its the sellers responsibility to do something or contact apex on behalf on the customer since it sat on their shelf for so long.

They have the receipt of purchase from the LFS.. If they can't trust that, than they shouldn't sell to stores IMO.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untrue Sony stood behind my Sony lcd tv even after the warranty expired as did Samsung on a problem with a phone my kid had. So i don't think most do it that way. But isn't that why ya get a warranty card to file upon purchasing a product to activate it.
Big Steve

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 59 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%

Back