garden els

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, does anyone know where i can find garden els? Ive been looking for the last 4 months and nothing. There is one guy but he wants 60 each, a little high for a worm basically

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had one in my tank for bout 6 months with bout 5 inch sandbed... and i was pretty cool but they are pretty skittish.. i mean they wont fight for food so i had to actually feed him though a pipette... and then one day he just died???????:sad:

bannshy

Why be Normal?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size sand do they require? Any other info or advise? I have wanted some of these for a while I thought I would wait until I found some one that had them before.

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size sand do they require? Any other info or advise? I have wanted some of these for a while I thought I would wait until I found some one that had them before.

Here's a start. But check as many reputable sources you can before getting one. I too have wanted some for the last 30 years, just never had a build that would suit them.

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/SEa/fact_sheets.cfm?id=108

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A deep sandbed is a must. Also, it highly recommended to keep AT LEAST 3.

More the better.

I plan to have a 50 breeder that will be a DSB fuge, and will have a dozen or so of them in there.
Ive never seen anyone keep a single very long.

Contact your LFS and just ask them to order them for you.

They should not be more than 15-20 each...cheaper if you buy a few at a time....

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these eels jumpers? or are they going to stay in the sand pretty much all the time? also, are any special needs required other than having a deep sand bed? I saw 2 of these at a local fishstore, but didn't know too much about them.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the right environment they will be half in the sand, half out, swaying back and forth like sea grass.

You should keep a lid on the tank from what Drs Foster & Smith say, but that im not real concerned about...

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya mine stayed out bout half his body in the sand and half out.. it was cool.. i would prob get another... but they do like being in groups but you dont have too... i only had one.. he was pretty big when i got it so i just thought it died cause it was aged... im saying if the food didnt make it down to where he was at he would starve before he would leave the sand bed fully... i never seen it come all the way out.. he had lots of tunnels and would pop out everywhere.... very cool.. but prob best in a tank with other passive fish

OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them, but to buy online the shipping just kills you.:squigglemouth: I might have to settle to the LFS and suck up there $60 each price tag

Back