GHL Profilux Timing help for autofeeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my plank set up. Am I missing something that you just don't put a timer on the switch channel to run at certain times for a time that you want?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my plank set up. Am I missing something that you just don't put a timer on the switch channel to run at certain times for a time that you want?
You can set it up like that if you wish.

You can set fixed feeding times and durations but that limits some people. You can set intervals as well but the issue becomes controlling when to NOT feed and that is why some of us setup logic.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plank needs two outlets - one for the auger that doses the feed, and one for the mixing pump. You want to start the mixing pump the same time the auger starts, but you want to run the mixing pump for a few minutes longer so you can make sure all the food makes it into the water column. You could do all this with two timers - one for the auger and one for the mixing pump. But if you want to be able to adjust feeding times, it's kind of a pain to have to deal with a pair of timers for each feed cycle. For this reason it seems better to me to make the mixing pump dependent on the auger pump using programmable logic with a delay. I ended up using a virtual dosing pump to control all this, with programmable logic. I think that's the most "elegant" solution, but it is kind of complicated to get it working initially.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just run the mixing pump 24/7
I think a lot of people do that. I didn't want to use the electricity or be able to hear it. But that's the best way to make sure all the food gets into the water column.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use a virtual dosing pump instead of a timer to control the switch, then you can see the history by looking at the dosing history.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back