Gmk and Predator

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look similar, yes, but they are different. You cannot get one to morph to the other.

Upvote 0

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a few short replies from my phone last night, but now I'm in front of my PC and wanted to elaborate a bit.

It's my understanding that the first Predators (or POTO Funk Master Kraks) came in to the country on a rock with GMK. So, the assumption would be that it was just a color morph of GMK.

That being said, I have both Predators and GMK in my tank with the same nutrient levels, same light schedule and even under the same PAR (within 10-15%). My GMKs still look like GMKs, and my Predators still look like Predators. My GMK is up to 16p (from a single polyp), all with the same pattern. My Predators are up to about 8-9p (from 2p), and they all have the same pattern.

So, if it is just a morph, they are holding the colors and pattern well. I don't see any signs of either of them "changing back".

Upvote 0

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above, I have both as well in the same tank same flow and par….definitely a difference in pattern as well as the colors are similar but slightly different, also my predators are decently larger than the gmks…. As far as replication time my predators are ahead in the race,
Cheers

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back