Goguaridan blocked Reef2Reef!

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has got nothing to do with reef2reef but my school has officially blocked Reef2Reef due to a goguardian update on all chromebooks. It sucked cause that’s how I used this site becuase I can barely use it on any other device! The only way for it to be unblocked is for the website to be reuploaded under a category or a certain category under education. I will be a lot more inactive because of this.
Cam.
@Reefer Matt @randomfishdude @revhtree

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has got nothing to do with reef2reef but my school has officially blocked Reef2Reef due to a goguardian update on all chromebooks. It sucked cause that’s how I used this site becuase I can barely use it on any other device! The only way for it to be unblocked is for the website to be reuploaded under a category or a certain category under education. I will be a lot more inactive because of this.
Cam.
Wow! That sucks, sorry this happened.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the administration too unblock it lol. Nah the school controls everything. It was blocked automatically by the system I only use it when I'm done with work or before school. I have one other device but internet parental controls exist in my house so cant use it when I get home because I get home late due to sports.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cam.
Way back in the early 00's they had something like that on the school computers. It was called fortress iirc. Took me a week to figure out how to bypass it and download unreal tournament on all the computers.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way back in the early 00's they had something like that on the school computers. It was called fortress iirc. Took me a week to figure out how to bypass it and download unreal tournament on all the computers.
Nice. We have tried to bypass it me and another eighth grader we've both tried to bypass it. At one point we were able to but the admin caught on and blocked it. They've even disabled javascript on chromebook because we know how to bypass GG through that LOL. they've blocked the secret command console, (crosh) commands in chrome, and some file access. They've basically hidden every single way to bypass it I could install a code into my computer and completely remove it but that would be against school policy and plus malicious viruses that could be in the file. Cringe.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got some pretty cool ways to bypass. I never used the school cromebooks so never had that issue. All I had to do was use a personal account and change what dns my laptop uses and boom. No more wifi restrictions.

The cool thing is since I get my work done and have very good grades in all my classes. My teachers don't care if I'm playing games. Math teacher will literally come talk to me about what I'm playing. I love having chill teachers.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got some pretty cool ways to bypass. I never used the school cromebooks so never had that issue. All I had to do was use a personal account and change what dns my laptop uses and boom. No more wifi restrictions.

The cool thing is since I get my work done and have very good grades in all my classes. My teachers don't care if I'm playing games. Math teacher will literally come talk to me about what I'm playing. I love having chill teachers.
It's not even wifi restrictions its a whole extension etc

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not even wifi restrictions its a whole extension etc
I'm shure if you brought your home computer you wouldn't have much of an issue bypassing.
Thoes systems really only work on the school crombeooks and accounts.

Most of the time things are blocked w/ the school account first. Then secondly though the wifi.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Our teachers back in my highschool would. yoink your phone (we weren't allowed to use laptops during my time) however if you had a smart watch and were playing games on it? They didn't care. Probably because they though we were just watching the time or something (this was back when they were brand new)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back