Got my first scoly today

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This lps has been on my wish list for a while. I wanted to make sure my frag system was mature enough to ensure success. It’s also with plate and acanthophylia and Trachys amongst others. Thought this one would. Bring some great colours to my main display eventually

C3EB7FC7-A02C-4DC7-92F7-F0D5718B0808.png

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice one too.
i bought my first (a bleeding apple scoly) this year and its color coupled with the great feeding display has made it one of my favourites. congrats!

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone I need to buy the lense for my camera so we can actually see how amazing it is

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s beautiful!! For best results, I highly (highly!!!!) recommend feeding it at least 2x per month. I feed mine mysis, LRS, Rod’s, LPS pellets (any brand), basically anything kinda chunky and meaty, every day but that’s super super overkill and you absolutely don’t need to do that lol. Best of luck, it should do perfect as long as your feeding it and it doesn’t get attacked. Congrats on your first!!

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s beautiful!! For best results, I highly (highly!!!!) recommend feeding it at least 2x per month. I feed mine mysis, LRS, Rod’s, LPS pellets (any brand), basically anything kinda chunky and meaty, every day but that’s super super overkill and you absolutely don’t need to do that lol. Best of luck, it should do perfect as long as your feeding it and it doesn’t get attacked. Congrats on your first!!
Thank you so much. So far I feed redsea ab plus. Phyto. And sometimes reefroids. But in that small frag tank I get algae the next day and I get mad about it. I have frozen mysis and my own frozen food I made of clams shrimp scallops salmon. Maybe that would work as well

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. So far I feed redsea ab plus. Phyto. And sometimes reefroids. But in that small frag tank I get algae the next day and I get mad about it. I have frozen mysis and my own frozen food I made of clams shrimp scallops salmon. Maybe that would work as well
Yeah the AB+, phyto, and roids wont do much for a scoly (or other huge, single polyp LPS like a meat coral). It will probably help get a feeding response going though, then you can put food into the tentacles instead of having to wait until lights out :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 75 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back