Got some zoas today

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wound up with some nice stuff today, figured this was the sub to post at.

IMG_20180623_204918406_HDR.jpg

Zoa Pickups
- Sopranos
- CB Moneyshot
- JF Rainbow Incinerators
- JF Bloodshots (more)
- OG Bowsers
- CAR

Shoomy stuff
- CaliKid Godzilla Yuma

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, it's nice building a little collection of zoas. They are all a little pale, but they'll recover nicely.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are sure fresh cuts, can't believe how white the plugs are. One of these days I'm going to get some bowzers. I always see them at our frag swaps but I always find something else to spend my money on.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are sure fresh cuts, can't believe how white the plugs are. One of these days I'm going to get some bowzers. I always see them at our frag swaps but I always find something else to spend my money on.

Yes I fragged them myself. My friend needed help fragging zoas and didn't really know how. I fragged out his colonies into 3-6 frags of 3-4 polyps each, and took one of all his high end stuff. I give out a lot of stuff to friends, so I always get stuff in return when it's available.

They're all open and happy in my frag tank. I'm giving them a little time to color up then I'll post a pic of my little collection.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping you didn't pay big bucks for something that looked to be so newly fragged. Great collection. At least you were able to get a couple of each polyp instead of just one.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping you didn't pay big bucks for something that looked to be so newly fragged. Great collection. At least you were able to get a couple of each polyp instead of just one.

Freshly fragged is always completely safe -- If you know what you're doing. The trick is simple, cut the plug, not the zoa. Trying to scrape a zoa off a plug with a razorblade is a horrible way to do it. Just cut the plug = 100% success in my experience.

Every single zoa I've ever fragged like this has survived, while other methods are a crap shoot.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any plug on the CARs, but probably just the angle. I also like to use that method but have lost a few. They just decide to detach themselves from the plug.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any plug on the CARs, but probably just the angle. I also like to use that method but have lost a few. They just decide to detach themselves from the plug.

Ouch! I have never had that happen before :(

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back