GPH target for carbon reactor in a manifold?

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I am setting up my red sea reefer 350, and the existing plumbing is hard plumbed with a gate valve controlled manifold for reactors. I am using a RO VarioS 2 for my return pump, which should give me between 500-400 gph at the outflow after headflow. This is plenty for sump turnover, and I have two vortechs in the display for flow as well. What I'm concerned about is losing too much return flow with adding a carbon reactor to the return plumbing. Do you think I can keep it low enough through the reactor and make this setup work? Worst case I have to run an external pump for the reactor, but I'd like to run it on the manifold.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

The flow required thru the reactor will be slow, just enough to tumble the carbon lightly. It will still be a few hundred gallons or so. I do not think the various will make it thought even with its lower flow requirement. Plus the carbon will add some resistance which will simulate head height, as it gets clogged flow will reduce.

You could always try and add a pump later.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back