Green Mandarin x Target Mandarin Hybrid?

tmcd94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded my tank and merged it with a larger tank. The larger tank included all of the live rock, and livestock, which included a Target Mandarin. My tank had a Green Mandarin in it that I have had for four months and he quickly grew in size. I merged all of my livestock/live rock with the new 80 gallon. The merger has been running for a few days and I just noticed the Mandarins performing their mating ritual.
Most of the research I did before the merge proved unremarkable and I couldn't find any concrete past history of the mixing.

I have attached a pic of the mating and wish I could upload the video.

Does anyone have any experience with the two species mixing?
Thanks,
Terry

IMG_0109.PNG

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the exact pairing for years. Never attempted to actually breed them. They got along fine. Enjoy the two. Sadly my male passed away last year.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
from what I've researched as well the two womt pair. Some reported living peaceful but never had eggs.

Keep an eye on them as when they reach full maturity they could turn on each other.

But other wise if they seem happy enjoy them, we have 2 separate pairs in different tanks. 1 pair of spotted and 1 of the green/red variant.

Great little fish!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back