Green star polyps are taking over

Matt40gIMFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green star poylps are taking over a rock i cant pull out. Ive tried peeling and scratching , but i dont know if that might cause a disturbance in my water chemistry. This crap is getting out of control! They are zapping nearby frog spawns and are getting dangerously close to some sps. If anybody knows an easier way, please advise.

Thanks

Matt
IMG_0788.JPG

TroutbumNV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking out the rock would probably be the best bet. Cant remember any specific toxins or chemistry issues with gsp specifically, but in general its bad practice to frag anything in the display.
No need to chisel rock, it grows on a mat. Just peel it up and cut it.

patfat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start cutting away! I honestly have a small little piece and want to throw it on my overflow box as I seen many people do but don't know if I want to deal with the hassle in the end

OP
OP
Matt40gIMFusion

Matt40gIMFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rocks kind of connected to the top shelf with all my other corals so i cant take it out. Its really hard to peel off. Ive been scratching at it with my clamps. My other corals react to the dead gsp's cloudy crap that shoots out and i dont want to nuke my tank somehow.

OP
OP
Matt40gIMFusion

Matt40gIMFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start cutting away! I honestly have a small little piece and want to throw it on my overflow box as I seen many people do but don't know if I want to deal with the hassle in the end

Take that crap out! Throw it away.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you'll probably have to pull the rock. If you do GSP again, do a rock on the sand bed. It's easier to trim the edges since it can't adhere to the sand well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back