Greetings from the land od red dirt :)

TonyH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, been lurking on the forum for a while now :)
Seem like an awsome bunch of saltwater obsessed ppl! (More than I can say for our home grown forums :/ )
Ive been reefing on and off for 25 years and after a 1000k move from living 20 mins from some of the most pristine diving areas in oz I find myself on a farm and looking out the window and the missus' horses..... oh well the things we do....
But once again the bug has bitten and bitten hard! I still had a LOT of equipment, although geared towards late 90's style of thinking, including enough base rock for a nice 2ft cube.
Just purchased a new skimmer and the systems been up for 4? 5? months now.
I need some advice - I have a jebo wet dry filter, 3 trays on one end under a rotating spraybar setup. Ive taken out the spraybar and setup a 4 way manifold that feeds onto the 3 trays (each tray has 4 chambers). Not running bioballs in the trays as designed just carbon and phos remover.
Should I leave as is or is there something I could utilise the remaining space? Or would you take the trays out and just treat as a sump?
Thanks in advance guys, I know ill get great advise!

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. First thing I would do us get rid off the filters. Just use your sump or skimmer, which ever one you have. Betty basic now. Tank, heater, skimmer and lights. The sky us the limits for this equipment. Have fun.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF!! Simple is better. Good skimmer good rock good lights! A lot of good info on here. Good luck!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back