Gulf Coast

SFALReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proposition here. I think we all need to occasionally give each other some type of rubble or sand (preferably both). We all likely get coral, rock, water and sand from different places. Your tank needs as much biodiversity as it can get.
I'm just now seeding my old rock for a new tank i'm setting up. I can't donate just yet, but i'd love some rubble from different tanks to seed my old dead rock! Also need some chaeto preferably for the refugium. I know you said you had caulerpa, but i don't think i will ever put any variety of that back in my tanks. I had a grape explosion that i could not eradicate!

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just now seeding my old rock for a new tank i'm setting up. I can't donate just yet, but i'd love some rubble from different tanks to seed my old dead rock! Also need some chaeto preferably for the refugium. I know you said you had caulerpa, but i don't think i will ever put any variety of that back in my tanks. I had a grape explosion that i could not eradicate!

I just moved the majority of the new live rock from the quarantine tank to the main tank and finally put all the fish back in the display. I really like the new look of my tank. I am now seeing fish swimming around doing their things, darting in and out of the new rock. It took me a few minutes to get used to the look of having more rock but I love it compared to the more minimalist look. I likely will have some chaeto in a few months but right now it has to grow back, I dunked around 5 handfuls two weeks ago.

SFALReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved the majority of the new live rock from the quarantine tank to the main tank and finally put all the fish back in the display. I really like the new look of my tank. I am now seeing fish swimming around doing their things, darting in and out of the new rock. It took me a few minutes to get used to the look of having more rock but I love it compared to the more minimalist look. I likely will have some chaeto in a few months but right now it has to grow back, I dunked around 5 handfuls two weeks ago.
No worries. I read a little bit of your tank adventure. I will probably drill and plumb everything this weekend. Someone local will have some chaeto to share soon.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's at the corner of St Louis and Royal St?

I'm on Royal St in the Riverview Plaza office building - by the Renaissance

Yeah we are all rather close to each other, which is convenient if anyone has an emergency and needs something with their tank.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it cools off, if it ever does, we need to go meetup at Hero's, Bier Garten or Mama's

SFALReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, once it cools off, lol. Walked over to Government Plaza this morning and was soaked by the time i got back to my office.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • NO

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back