H & S A110-F2000 - Any one have it?

kevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H & S A110-F2000

Any opinions on this skimmer? I am thinking of getting this or a ER skimmer for my revamped 58 g. (Thread coming soon.)

Thanks,

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have it on my 50g cube (~60-65g total)

somewhere in the first couple of pages in this thread
http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4607

its a beast of a skimmer......i can't even believe i was considering getting the A150 model. IMO.....the A110 is over rated for my tank. i don't get much skimmate out of it b/c i have a very clean system. i prob have what most consider is a low bioload of fish, and i only feed the tank with frozen foods once or twice a week.

reason why i'm doing this is that i had nasty dictoya algae outbreak last spring, and it broke out again after i moved. i'm doing a good job choking it and the bubble algae out of the tank now.......

but at the current time, i almost wish i had a skimmer with a slimmer and shoter neck so i could skim wetter. b/c i've got it set to skim as wet as i can get it and i'm not getting much until after i feed the tank.

i'll also have to consider re-doing the overflow plumbing to plumb it directly to the skimmer.....i've heard that works wonders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kevin

kevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering a set up that has roughly 65 gallons in it as well, so it is very similar to yours.

Thanks for the input,

OP
OP
kevin

kevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what is the foot print? and where did you order it from?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what is the foot print? and where did you order it from?

i got mine locally from a LFS that gets in H&S stuff. i was considering getting it directly from finsreef.......as i actually lived 230miles away from the LFS. but then i'd have to pay shipping.

the footprint should also be on this page
http://www.finsreef.com/product.php?productid=16141&cat=254&page=1

but when i bought the skimmer from the LFS....they charged me an extra $50 (shipping/stocking fee) which i thought was BS......esspecially considering it arrived with like 45 other skimmers at the same time, delivered by the owner of H&S USA while he was driving north to a convention. so it wasn't even shipped via a shipping carrier.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 57 27.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back