Halichoeres Biocellatus (red-lined wrasse) abnormalities in sleep

nostalgiaforinfinity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red-lined wrasse is different from my other wrasse in that it goes to sleep around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It eats well, has a plump belly, and is very enthusiastic. My canary wrasse buries itself in the sand at around 6:30 pm, half an hour before my lights go out. There aren't any real stresses in my tank for the fish, so I'm just wondering if this is normal or not. I'd really like to see my little buddy more, and after noticing that my other wrasse has a different sleep schedule this is beginning to worry me. Any information is appreciated.

Red sea reefer 200 G2+
42-gallon display
Red-lined wrasse, Cleaner shrimp, Canary wrasse, Pajama cardinalfish.
Mixed Reef (in the future)

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got both a Melanurus and Blue Star Leopard, and every once in a while they’ll go to bed early, like say 4pm when the lights are still at full. If the fish is otherwise healthy I wouldn’t stress about it too much.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red-lined wrasse is different from my other wrasse in that it goes to sleep around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It eats well, has a plump belly, and is very enthusiastic. My canary wrasse buries itself in the sand at around 6:30 pm, half an hour before my lights go out. There aren't any real stresses in my tank for the fish, so I'm just wondering if this is normal or not. I'd really like to see my little buddy more, and after noticing that my other wrasse has a different sleep schedule this is beginning to worry me. Any information is appreciated.

Red sea reefer 200 G2+
42-gallon display
Red-lined wrasse, Cleaner shrimp, Canary wrasse, Pajama cardinalfish.
Mixed Reef (in the future)
Some wrasses just do - I’ve got a leopard and pencil that sometimes sleep between 3-5pm and other days (like today) both are up until 8pm if not longer.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back