Hammer tentacles getting short

mathvmendes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Couldnt find something similar, so here we go

Got this hammer 5 months ago. It was healthy until it started to split. Now its tentacles are short, looking like something is bothering it, and its been that way for about 3 months. Changed places to see if was a flow or lighting problem, but no results.

It has no flesh receding at the base, no slime, no flatworms, and no other hammer has this problem

Any ideas?

Oh, and the parameters are: Nitrate 2, phosphate 0.1, kh 7.6, ph 8.2, Ca 400, Mg 1340, Salinity 1.025, temp 25-26°C

20240403_185228.jpg 20240403_175733.jpg

OP
OP
M

mathvmendes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed! Its a skunk cleaner

It really is kind of a pain lol
But I work from a desk right next to the tank the whole day and never saw it bothering any hammer

Actually, never saw that coral being bothered at all

Maybe a dip with iodine would be good? I usually only try dipping when I see tissue recession (and as prophylaxis before entering the tank)

Bad idea in this case?

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back