Hanna Checker Alkalinity PPM vs DKH

smoothie7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen a post last night regarding Alkalinity testers. I am just getting back in to the hobby after about a 10 year hiatus. Lots have changed since then. One of them seems to be the electronic hanna checkers. I ordered an Alkalinity one from BRS and mistakenly ordered a DKH instead of a PPM. I think PPM is what most people are referring to now correct? Did I order the wrong one by mistake?

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most photos I see are the dkh and it is the one I use. No longer need to convert ppm to dkh now. I have the old ppm as well from about 14 years ago.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen a post last night regarding Alkalinity testers. I am just getting back in to the hobby after about a 10 year hiatus. Lots have changed since then. One of them seems to be the electronic hanna checkers. I ordered an Alkalinity one from BRS and mistakenly ordered a DKH instead of a PPM. I think PPM is what most people are referring to now correct? Did I order the wrong one by mistake?
The of us majority use dKh, even though it's crazy :)

mook1178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will only have to do the math once. If you are used to DKH, convert whichever DKH value is your target to PPM. Then use your meter. There are even online calculators, so you don't have to math.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got the right one, imo. I don’t know too many Reefers in the U.S. referring to alkalinity in ppm. It’s usually dkh.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back