Hanna copper test set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you carry the Hanna high range copper test kit? I searched but couldn't find it.

It is showing promise based on some testing and looks like it may be the first truly accurate copper test kit available for hobbyists.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Brew12 We don't currently carry this checker, but it is something we're looking at right now.
Please do. We have some members conducting tests and this appears to be a very accurate way to measure both chelated and ionic copper products. It could finally take the guess work out of properly treating fish with copper.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 Yeah, the other thread is what caught my attention and had me reaching out to Hanna. Previous testing had concluded that the low range checker wasn't suitable for saltwater. It may have been the copper standard they were using, but the results from that thread seem encouraging. I think there is some more testing to do, but if this proves to be suitable for our needs, this could be a great addition and I can't see any reason we wouldn't bring it on.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 Yeah, the other thread is what caught my attention and had me reaching out to Hanna. Previous testing had concluded that the low range checker wasn't suitable for saltwater. It may have been the copper standard they were using, but the results from that thread seem encouraging. I think there is some more testing to do, but if this proves to be suitable for our needs, this could be a great addition and I can't see any reason we wouldn't bring it on.
The high range would be more appropriate for saltwater use. And it sounds like Hanna is no longer definitively stating that the high range kit will not work in salt water like they used to. I may not wait until you guys start carrying it to order one, but I sure hope I can at least have the convenience of getting the refill kits from you guys!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The high range would be more appropriate for saltwater use. And it sounds like Hanna is no longer definitively stating that the high range kit will not work in salt water like they used to. I may not wait until you guys start carrying it to order one, but I sure hope I can at least have the convenience of getting the refill kits from you guys!
My comments exactly. This thing is the real deal!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+2 for making it available BRS. You guys would have my purchase :D

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love this site (reef2reef), is there nothing you can't answer? I'm frustrated with my Salifert copper test kit (it is easy, cheap, accurate, consistent BUT I find the sunnier the day in the background the lighter the blue even when checking inside / diffused sunlight). My family can never rule on the same number :) You can never tell if you are just under 0.5 or just over (is it .4, .5 or .6). I have a Moorish Idol with white spot and my copper levels are falling daily for unknown reasons (no carbon, no rock/sand to absorb etc). Based on the post above from Zac, I'm going to get a Hanna Checker Copper Test (it's really hard to get stuff here in Australia, but a Hanna office is 10m from home and sell direct to public - Yay) and hopefully put an end to the guess work so I can get my new friend in consistent therapeutic levels of copper

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I better buy up before the new hits 'down under' (AUS) :)
Because of the work done by @HotRocks Hanna is already having a hard time getting them back in stock. It is driving heavy demand right now.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of the work done by @HotRocks Hanna is already having a hard time getting them back in stock. It is driving heavy demand right now.
Oops! It is the real deal guys, I have done as much work on it as I can, given my resources. I do have a kit coming, so I can send a sample out to a lab, and have the water tested to compare to my results.
Well first round of testing has been very encouraging! Ran a number of tests on some systems, and also testing fixed concentrations, and so far the results appear to be consistent and pretty accurate! Looking good!
Glad to hear you guys are finding it to be accurate! I have tried anything I can think of to make it fail, yet to find a way! Its a game changer in the world of copper. I think @Hanna Instruments has a great product here and hopefully they will soon reveal the results of their internal testing. Then hopefully you all can add it to your line!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well first round of testing has been very encouraging! Ran a number of tests on some systems, and also testing fixed concentrations, and so far the results appear to be consistent and pretty accurate! Looking good!
Still can't seem to find how to order the checker on your website... ;)

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye out....Hanna has some work to do making enough checkers...;)
I think you missed the window - all the information on the other thread convinced people to go and order them direct from Hanna Instruments so now they're sold out! ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back