Happy B-day to me - Wife got me a frag tank!

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for my birthday today, my wife, at midnight gave me some gifts. A Denver Broncos hat... Ralph Lauren shirt... some candy and an Amazon gift card... Then in a little bag she handed me an edited receipt for a frag tank. Woo Hoo!

That will make my third tank and lets just say she's not a huge fan of the hobby. She likes the creatures and coral but not the space taken or money spent.

So really the best part of this gift, is the fact I have her approval for the frag tank I've been wanting for a while now. I think fragging is its own spin off hobby. I'm happy... and old. :):(:cool::p:Do_O:)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is ur bday the 20th or 21st because if it's the 21st we are bday brothers happy birthday and congrats on the tank

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy wife. Happy life.
You obviously doing something right. What's your top 5 tips for us who have more restrictive partners?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy wife. Happy life.
You obviously doing something right. What's your top 5 tips for us who have more restrictive partners?
Jewelry, flowers, pretending to pay attention when she talks, those sorts of things.

Awesome B-Day Present! That's really great.

My wife is pretty supportive. It's taken her a few years to come around but she has and while not as into it as I am she is about as good as I could hope for her to be.

OP
OP
sayitfast

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple of quick pictures... I finally have my Frag tank up and running... I cycled the tank and today I received some corals from Unique Corals... plus a small six line wrasse, maybe an inch, and snails. I moved my Coco worm over also he was being pestered in my other tank. Everything is opening and looking good so far. I'm running the Radion light on acclimation for a couple weeks to bring everything up to par.

I used my Seneye to check the par readings.... was super easy to do.

iPhone pics:
frag1.jpg

frag2.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 122 43.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 135 47.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back