Happy Birthday to the BioCube32!

Regmanabq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biocube 32 just turned 1 year old today!

What a fun event. So many times over the last year I was not sure we would get here! From hair algae that took over and refused to die to the aptasia and bubble algae that still pop up every so often to the death of my beloved Georgie the clownfish when we had to move the tank to the living room while remodeling the office, we have certainly had some challenges over this last year.

But then I look and see my coral frags doing great, my hammer and bird nests growing like crazy, and my clown frolicking around all day harassing the baby snails that are everywhere now and I think that it was all worth it in the end.

So, I thought I would share with all the other AIOers, especially the BioCube crowd who sometimes feel like their tanks are not as good as the big flashy ones we see on the forums: All the time, all the learning, all the effort, all the careful planning and selection of equipment and scaping and livestock, all the MONEY! are finally starting to show some great results and now, I can see that I CAN do this! It IS going to work out. Reefing IS fun!

Video of our little "happy birthday" celebration: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uqtiLDQxtcPLonks9

PXL_20240404_041747788.MP.jpg

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rest assured that whatever you set out to do, you will achieve it, with a lot of dedication and a lot of love, and you will see the results. I have that same tank, a friend gave it to me and from there my love for this hobby ( lifestyle ) began, I hope you can continue sharing the process
1000084728.jpg

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I told you how I did it I would be lying to you, my friend gave me the tank when the tank was about 1 or 2 years old. I'm quite new to the hobby but with the tank cycled and everything( just 2 palythoas ), here at r2r I'm learning as much as I can so in the future I can put that one in my son's room and I'll get a bigger one, but I love this tank

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back