HappyHourHero's 56 Gal

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little over a month ago I took over a guys tank who was getting out of the hobby. Tank came with a couple colonies of green palys, 4 red mushrooms, 6 hermit crabs, a small monti cap red frag stuck to the rock, a colony of completely white zoas that i hope i can bring back and about 40 lbs of live rock, I have not had a tank since 2009 and am very excited to be back in the game.

Tank if 56 gal column.
Lights are Chinese LED
20 Gallon Sump

Current stock list:
Florida Blenny
Frilled Goby
Solon Wrasse
Flame Angel
Snowflake Clown Pair

I have only added 4 small frags so far. Green plating monti, some orange zoas, turbinaria and a monti that was almost gone at the lfs (I used to bring frags back from the brink in my old tank so I am trying that again.)

Not too much to look at so far but I hope to use this thread to view my progress as time slides by.

3K3AC4U.jpg

GK38Dxi.jpg

D9uUOQe.jpg

b6XdNgi.jpg

9jGXGxB.jpg

ZkMY2Eb.jpg

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice pictures! Funny I have those same hinges on a sitting bench in my house haha

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angel showing signs of Ich. Took out all rock to catch fishe for treatment. Trying tank transfer method and leaving display fallow for 12 weeks. Hopefully the fish all make it. Did change up the rock work once I put it all back. Will post pics soon.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completed tank transfer method last night. Fish have all been moved into 20g QT tank. For TTM I used 2 rubbermaid tubs and disposable air stones. 56 days until they get to go back into the display. Have been dripping Kalk into display for a couple weeks now. Using Mrs. Wages Pickling lime from Wal Mart. Alk and Cal are reasonably steady at 420 and 8.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out the DIY overflow the tank came with that looked pretty bad and took up a bunch of room in the tank which limited my aquascaping and I replaced it with an Eschopps PF-800. It was really loud so I built a Hofer Gurgle Buster which made it silent. I redid my scape and I am pretty happy with it. Now to leave everything alone for a while and let the growth take off.

21 days until my fish move back in!
8JjvbcK.jpg

One of my fish laid eggs in the hospital on 10-15
PqYFnHa.jpg

Won a coral naming contest on a facebook group and the shop sent me a frag for free. I named it toxic grape. It was purple and green in his pic, cant wait to see what colors I can get to come out of it after it gets acclimated to my tank.

R4alCSW.jpg

coral tarracino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little over a month ago I took over a guys tank who was getting out of the hobby. Tank came with a couple colonies of green palys, 4 red mushrooms, 6 hermit crabs, a small monti cap red frag stuck to the rock, a colony of completely white zoas that i hope i can bring back and about 40 lbs of live rock, I have not had a tank since 2009 and am very excited to be back in the game.

Tank if 56 gal column.
Lights are Chinese LED
20 Gallon Sump

Current stock list:
Florida Blenny
Frilled Goby
Solon Wrasse
Flame Angel
Snowflake Clown Pair

I have only added 4 small frags so far. Green plating monti, some orange zoas, turbinaria and a monti that was almost gone at the lfs (I used to bring frags back from the brink in my old tank so I am trying that again.)

Not too much to look at so far but I hope to use this thread to view my progress as time slides by.

3K3AC4U.jpg

GK38Dxi.jpg

D9uUOQe.jpg

b6XdNgi.jpg

9jGXGxB.jpg

ZkMY2Eb.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back