• Not at all! I want one!

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love my babies. Just like everyone. I got tired of pointing at things in my 180g tank and nobody seeing what I saw. So I bought a laser pen. Bam, everyone could now see the tiny growing cocoa worms and new corals growing from old cut of frag pieces. Brilliant! BUT- as I'm moving the pointer around, all the fish started following it. Was the funniest thing I ever saw. My blue devil damsel loves it the most. The chase after it like a cat trying to catch it. ( I've called it the catfish game). Blenny Cheney, Mylie, Joe Dirte ( when he was well), and milo and Otis all chased the red spot on the wall. Going to try and upload a video but wondered if this was right or wrong to do? They don't hurt themselves but is this stressful to them? If not yall should try it. Never seen them swim so fast! And when I turn it off the swim up to me like, " I wanna keep playing ma!" I love it. ❤️

Couldn't upload video so here are a few shots. ☺️

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen a video where someone was using a laser to clear pest mojanos and the laser got refracted on the glass and blinded his two clownfish. (took a millisecond to ruin his fish's lives)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would be very careful of reflected light from the laser. Some are very strong.
I have a 1.6 watt laser that is pretty dangerous, but most laser pointers are not anywhere near as strong, but I would still be careful.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of that laser and it's purpose is to destroy so not surprised it did that. This is from the dollar store. But all the same I won't be doing it anymore. Just thought it was fun to see them play catch. None were harmed from the laser. They're smart!

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still pretty awesome how they are comparable to cats in that way!

Back