• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Harrys Marine great seller till theyre liable for DOAs !!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've purchased from Harry's Marine about 9 times in the last 5 weeks. Orders totalling about $1800. I was pleased with everything I had order most things were spot on. A few little mistakes on a few cheap coral so no biggie. Until last week we had tornadoes rip through Tallahassee and with power out for days shipping slowed to a crawl. It took 4 days for my order to arrive. Obviously not Harrys fault. I filled out a claim for some of the order as some thing appeared to be hanging on and obviously they were claiming the full amount through UPS. A few montis, some zoas and a large Maxima were what had made it to my door ok at best. They credited my account for the claim of about 200$. However when I woke the next day the Tridacna clam was toast. I sent all the details. photos, parameters, description and more photos. After 2 more attempts at sending in my claim, 2 emails, 2 chat messages and a call. I still haven't heard a word. Now I know they're a big company. However buying over $300 a week in livestock for over 5 weeks I thought they'd care if for nothing more than my continued $$$. Apparently not. Seemingly throw away a customer that spends over $100. So let this stand as a warning to anyone considering ordering. If you don't have a week of sunshine in your forecast, possibly reconsider. My next step is to fight it with PayPal. Glad they had me take so many photos of the DOAs. I'm sure PayPal will appreciate the details too.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why bother with PayPal? Call your financial institution or credit card company. They'll see a history with the company and a partial credit applied to your account which in their eyes is an omission that something went wrong. Let them do the heavy lifting, that's their job not yours. PayPal has become whoever has the most time to sit and argue back and forth or whoever gets the last word is usually victorious. In other words GARBAGE to put it nicely.

OP
OP
Naso110

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Harry’s Marine Life, we now offer a 3-Day Stay Alive Guarantee for our saltwater livestock. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced hobbyist, our collection boasts top-quality aquatic life. When you choose to shop with us, you’ll enjoy an exceptional experience, including our 3-Day Guarantee on the most exquisite marine fish, corals, and invertebrates. Please note that this guarantee does not apply to Expert Only aquatic life. We take pride in offering a 3-day live guarantee for your marine life purchases. If, unfortunately, your marine life does not survive within 3 days after delivery, we’ll provide you with a store credit for a future marine life purchase. Just ensure that you’ve followed all the instructions outlined in our DOA policy.

The following items are not included in our 3-day guarantee and Dead on Arrival (DOA) policy:

Angelfish Sizes: LARGE, XL JUMBO
All Rays, Horn Sharks, Smooth Hound Sharks, Leopard Sharks, Puffers (Medium/Large), Anglers/Frogfish Expert-Only Items, Giveaway Items
In the event of order refusal, all credit and DOA coverage will be forfeited.

Regarding DOA or Non-Surviving Marine Life: If your marine life does not survive within 3 days after delivery, you can submit a guarantee claim for store credit. Please ensure that your claim includes photos attached at the time of submission. If your marine life from Harry’s Marine Life INC. doesn’t survive the 3-day guarantee period, we require clear digital images of the deceased corals and/or fish both in and out of the tank. In rare cases, if livestock arrives DOA, please take pictures of DOA in and outside of the bag. Additionally, please take a collective picture of all non-surviving marine life outside the tank against a white background, and note the date of death on a paper next to them.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they don’t honor it then they are in the wrong. It does not matter that it happened not due to their fault. They did not stated that weather delay is not cover then they should cover the loss.

OP
OP
Naso110

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. So that was my beef. Shame because I was spending a lot stocking several tanks. So in turn other vendors get my $$.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back