Harvest time in your reef tank: Do you ever frag your corals?

Do you ever frag your corals?

• Yes, I regularly frag corals.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes, I have fragged corals in the past.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, but I plan to frag corals in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No, and I have no plans to frag corals in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Harvest time in your reef tank: Do you ever frag your corals?

Much of our focus is on how to grow our corals, but occasionally the corals need to be trimmed back or, for other reasons, we may choose to frag our corals. There are different recommended ways to frag the different types of corals and safety, both for yourself and for your corals, is important. For example, zoas may be an easier coral to frag, but it comes with risks so following best practices is key. Additionally, having the right tools such as knives, cutters, and even a coral saw can be helpful for certain corals. Some reef keepers haven’t gotten to the point where they need to frag yet or they choose not to frag. Do you ever frag your corals? If not, please tell us why not. If you do, feel free to share your experiences and any tips that would be helpful for the R2R community!

Pola0502ds_FragZoas.jpeg

Photo by @Pola0502ds

Want to know more about how to frag zoanthids? Check out this R2R article about how to frag zoas correctly and safely.

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.” TidalGardensBanner3.jpeg TidalGardensBanner2.jpeg

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At present, I need to trim several Acros in my tank. If you are in the Raleigh, NC area, ping me...lol.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back