Hatching brine shrimp

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How strong should the air bubbles be? First time hatching my own and I worried I am over doing it here..

Pruett-nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want a gentle roll not a white water rapid . +1 on the air line valve controls . Can be found at wal-mart in the fish supply section .

OP
OP
Untamedrose

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will get an air line valve......but tie knot was a solution I had right that second. Slowed it down a lot. Seems to have worked.

Got baby brine shrimp! This was kinda what ifs an experiment, never done it...wanted to do it...More then an actual plan.... wel yes n no wanted to see how hard it was really for maybe future tanks/critters.

Know they need to be separated from the shells.....and drained out. BUT if I add these to my main tank...know they are really to small to be consumed by most of the stuff in there. Will they live and grow to feed the tank....or are they just going to die and cause issues?

Summed up in I made em now what!?

Pruett-nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can put them in a small 5 gallon or a little smaller tank and grow them a week or two and then feed them to your tank . Been a while since I have messed with them .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back