Have Chloramines? You WANT our Chloramine Blaster Carbon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaFX - Katie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having chloramines can be quite a nightmare! Burning through DI Resin, ruining your RO Membrane, algae problems, coral health issues & more!

Our Chloramine Blaster Carbon is a medical-grade carbon that is designed for use in dialysis where ammonia removal is crucial.

Available in pre-filled cartridges (10x2.5, 10x4.5, 20x2.5 or 20x4.5), 1.2lb refill bags or in BULK for your carbon towers.

You can also learn more about Chloramines in our Education Center!

chloramine blaster.jpg

chloramine blaster cartridges.jpg

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Since you’re putting some details out about chloramines could you add some commentary or answer a question for me?
IMG_6956.jpeg

I’ve attached my city’s water report. For the highlighted item; I don’t understand the verbiage used.

Would there be the kind of chloramines that cause issues or are these just regular chlorine?

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloramine is required to be reported as chlorine equivalent by the EPA. There also isn't really a chloramine test--just free and total chlorine (which detects most forms of combined chlorine including the ones used in drinking water disinfection).

Some water reports don't make that distinction and just report the chlorine equivalent value which can leave you guessing as to whether you have chlorine or chloramine.

So, you have chloramine and a fairly high level at 3.1 mg/L out of a max of 4.0.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloramine is required to be reported as chlorine equivalent by the EPA. There also isn't really a chloramine test--just free and total chlorine (which detects most forms of combined chlorine including the ones used in drinking water disinfection).

Some water reports don't make that distinction and just report the chlorine equivalent value which can leave you guessing as to whether you have chlorine or chloramine.

So, you have chloramine and a fairly high level at 3.1 mg/L out of a max of 4.0.
I appreciate you providing the details.

As some have called out approaching their RO/DI differently for chloramine vs chlorine; what’s your take on that debate?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back