• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Heaven's Mistress

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
imo those are another morph of pink elephants; i got a couple of rocks of them and in different tanks they can look very different, those look particularly nice,

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are real close,but the Heaven's Mistress has more blue in the center.Now I want both.

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are real close,but the Heaven's Mistress has more blue in the center.Now I want both.

I've seen the pink elephants look the same, just depends on the lighting, I definitely agree with twon on this one...

also, why are there 347 repeat zoos on zoaid but every time I submit a new one I have to argue past the "it almost looks like this other one that's a different color and pattern"? is that only like an argument for vendors, or does everyone get the argument except the guys posting up frags that are completely identical to frags already posted? just pointlessly venting :)

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there!

twon8: good call!!! we missed that one! i'll bring that up and get it corrected.

organism: heh, i know yer just messin and i take no offense or anything, but just wanted to point out that we try to prevent this, especially submissions newer than ~ 3/2006 (when ZoaID formed the council to review these things, heh!). but they do still slip by.

when the site first started and there were 20 named zoas, duplicates were easy to spot. now, when someone makes a new submission, we have to glance through all 200+ zoas on the site, interpolate possible ambiguous morphs, discuss it amongst ourselves and w/ the submitter, then make the posting. (assuming the submitter met all critera of course! flash shot, not photochopped, etc.)

one of the latest is eagly eye vs. whamin' watermelon. i've seen both, and they're different, but where do you draw the line? :lol:

BUT -- when you find things like this, please feel free to contact us (pm here, rc, or the contact us link on ZoaID, wherever!) and let us know! sometimes were slow acting (it's not our day jobs after all), but we've yet to ignore an issue! :D

at any rate, i hope that doesn't sound like a soapbox speech as it was meant to sound more as an 'fyi'. :D

blue zoas to all,
-Who Dah?

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohhhh, i do have good news in this btw!

now we all don't need "heaven's mistress" and "pink elephants"....

now we all just need "heaven's mistress" or "pink elephants"

:lol:

:D

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whodah, no worries man, you know I like to bust on people ;)

that said, maybe you could do a survey or something to grind down some of the duplicates, I think if you posted up to an outside group (say, a forum dedicated to zoos, wink wink nudge nudge) to put their opinions of which zoos look like duplicates, it might help to whittle them down into groups, that way you could have the main morph, such as "fire and ice", and the rest of the "aka's" of what they'd look like under different lighting

just my 2 cents :)

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pnkskirtsgreeneye.jpg

yellowzoaspurplering.jpg

P8082702.jpg

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the search has narrowed down.Anyone have any to trade or sale?

organism what lighting are yours under?

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say whatever you want, but as long as Whodah keeps dropping uber sexy terms like :
interpolate possible ambiguous morphs
-Who Dah?

he's alright by me !! :)

I'm telling you Jeremy, give the guys/gals at ClubZoa 48 hours with your catalog of morphs, and they'll weed out all duplicates with no prob.

Peace, Bryan

J

JnS

View Badges
hard to get all the duplicates out as different lights make corals look totaly different...almost need to put them in to lighting sub sections.....

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 81 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back