HEEEEWWWWBIE!!!!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hewbie is protesting clam night! He prefers shrimp night which is most nights but I gotta make sure his little teefs are kept in check! How do I know he’s protesting? Well for starters he hasn’t touched the clams and it was followed by him stealing the other fish’s food, biting me, and to top it all off spitting at me! I had gloves on this time so it didn’t hurt but he did get a firm talking to or as others in my household heard it he got screamed at lol. I forgive him I love him so much and could never stay mad at his adorable little face. For a fish that loves food he is an extremely picky and spoiled puffer.
IMG_7120.jpeg

Last edited:

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hewbie is protesting clam night! He prefers shrimp night which is most nights but I gotta make sure his little teefs are kept in check! How do I know he’s protesting? Well for starters he hasn’t touched the clams and it was followed by him stealing the other fish’s food, biting me, and to top it all off spitting at me! I had gloves on this time so it didn’t hurt but he did get a firm talking to or as others in my household heard it he got screamed at lol. I forgive him I love him so much and could never stay mad at his adorable little face. For a fish that loves food he is an extremely picky and spoiled fish.
IMG_7120.jpeg
He is so cute!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i so want one of those! but was told they need a huge tank. how big is yours?
75 gallon display with a sump. And full adult sizes do best in a much bigger tank like 180 and over but this species is hardly seen in the hobby as 20 inch puffers. That being said I’m kind of taking a wait and see approach. He’s about 7-8 inches now he’s doubled in the year I’ve had him. But I’m not too worried especially since I have a lot of filtration equipment and I got him when he was tinier. They grow a lot when they are young and usually slow down significantly.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
75 gallon display with a sump. And full adult sizes do best in a much bigger tank like 180 and over but this species is hardly seen in the hobby as 20 inch puffers. That being said I’m kind of taking a wait and see approach. He’s about 7-8 inches now he’s doubled in the year I’ve had him. But I’m not too worried especially since I have a lot of filtration equipment and I got him when he was tinier. They grow a lot when they are young and usually slow down significantly.
Two and half foot puffer in Florida 2 years ago !!

underwater42.jpg
underwater43.jpg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two and half foot puffer in Florida 2 years ago !!

underwater42.jpg
underwater43.jpg
Yes spot-fin puffers/diodin hystrix they get massive like way bigger than Hewbie’s species which are diodon holocanthus! And I’m not saying Hewbie’s species are small but usually in public aquariums and in the wild of course they will be 10x bigger.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no i know. but the car dealership had a tank with one in it.
Ohhh I understand now lol! I thought you were referring to the dealership as the fish store lol! What dealership was that?? I’d go just to say hi to the puffer. I do that at the one restaurant at the beach which has a big tank with an adorable puffy and good food too but I love the puffer more.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hewbie is protesting clam night! He prefers shrimp night which is most nights but I gotta make sure his little teefs are kept in check! How do I know he’s protesting? Well for starters he hasn’t touched the clams and it was followed by him stealing the other fish’s food, biting me, and to top it all off spitting at me! I had gloves on this time so it didn’t hurt but he did get a firm talking to or as others in my household heard it he got screamed at lol. I forgive him I love him so much and could never stay mad at his adorable little face. For a fish that loves food he is an extremely picky and spoiled puffer.
IMG_7120.jpeg
I was trying to remember how long has he owned you?

I was snorkeling recently in the Caribbean and saw a lot of other puffers but no Hewbie's. Saw a few turtles, and one very large one with a Ramora in tow. No pictures, I left the camera at home. Turns out that it is not permitted to chase, pet, or eat turtles where I was at. I left the puffers there also, they looked so happy blowing in the sand and catching worms or whatever?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back