Hello and Thank You!

Phibberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say Hello, I’ve been trolling this site for years in preparation for building a basement in-wall 300G (60x36x32) tank which I haven’t had the time to start until recently. I will start a build thread to post and ask for feedback along the way, I appreciate the help which I’ve read so far, awesome forums. Currently the tank is in wall, and I am beginning to plumb the sump..

On a side note, I began operating an online pet shop (Fish, plants, supplies) before the .com boom and ran it on the freshwater side for approx 12 years and at one time ran ~125 freshwater aquariums and have bred many types of fish, propagated numerous plants, had successful show planted tanks, and imported fish from all over the world to share with hobbyist. A few relocations with work and some lil guys(10 and 11 years old now)took the priority and I am looking forward to switching gears and getting into the hobby with a reasonably sized salt tank…

Great to officially meet you all…I’ll try to keep the build thread updated as I go…feedback ALWAYS welcome!

Mike

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif
welcome33a.gif

OP
OP
Phibberz

Phibberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your build thread, 300G is no easy task I'm sure but you have quite the experience. 125 aquariums at one time? wow
Yes, Had tanks ranging from 5 Gallon up to 240G depending on setups over the years…lots of experience on the fresh side which helps…but for sure leaves tons to learn on salty side…I won’t race to get it going, I’ll be taking my time and trying to do the right processes.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say Hello, I’ve been trolling this site for years in preparation for building a basement in-wall 300G (60x36x32) tank which I haven’t had the time to start until recently. I will start a build thread to post and ask for feedback along the way, I appreciate the help which I’ve read so far, awesome forums. Currently the tank is in wall, and I am beginning to plumb the sump..

On a side note, I began operating an online pet shop (Fish, plants, supplies) before the .com boom and ran it on the freshwater side for approx 12 years and at one time ran ~125 freshwater aquariums and have bred many types of fish, propagated numerous plants, had successful show planted tanks, and imported fish from all over the world to share with hobbyist. A few relocations with work and some lil guys(10 and 11 years old now)took the priority and I am looking forward to switching gears and getting into the hobby with a reasonably sized salt tank…

Great to officially meet you all…I’ll try to keep the build thread updated as I go…feedback ALWAYS welcome!

Mike
Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back