OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are crazy bright!
I know there the last ones I added most of the corals in the tank I was told are dead although I don't know if they can but since I put the light in 3 weeks ago there changing colour so I think they may be alive ...well maybe as the man I bought the tank off said they've been dead for years and can't come back as there bleached

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All about taking your time and learn, I started off with a 28g nanotube, I learned about the cycle (nitrate, nitrite, ammonia)...I waited 2 week before putting in a clown fish, make sure I keep it alive for 2-3 weeks, make sure all the level was correct, learned about water change(bi-weekly). It was 2-3 months before I put in my 1st coral(zoa). With your mushroom I think they will be fine, but all about learning the hobby... it is slow process and I wanted to add a lot; but worse part of hobby is tank crush or seeing a coral that you paid $50-$75-$400 or whatever die on you and your hard earned dollar down the toilet. Take your time and learn...best advice I got when I first started 3 years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All about taking your time and learn, I started off with a 28g nanotube, I learned about the cycle (nitrate, nitrite, ammonia)...I waited 2 week before putting in a clown fish, make sure I keep it alive for 2-3 weeks, make sure all the level was correct, learned about water change(bi-weekly). It was 2-3 months before I put in my 1st coral(zoa). With your mushroom I think they will be fine, but all about learning the hobby... it is slow process and I wanted to add a lot; but worse part of hobby is tank crush or seeing a coral that you paid $50-$75-$400 or whatever dry on you and your hard earned dollar down the toilet. Take your time and learn...best advice I got when I first started 3 years ago.
Thanks that's what I thought I waited for 1 month before I added the clown fish then 2 weeks later I bought the leather coral and cushion 2 weeks after that they've been in there many 2 months and seem to be doing fine ...everything else was in the tank already nothing has died I've been doing weekly water changes and checking the levels they all seem pretty good so I'm hoping it's going ok

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my 28g...it is a mature little tank. Everything is happy.
Image1488154819.843435.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow beautiful ...If my tank looks half as good as that in 3 years I'll be more than happy lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back