Hello from Minnesota

skie86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm getting back into the hobby and will need to get help again. Thanks in advance. I'm in Minnesota so hello from Minnesota.

My first tank was a 40 gallon breeder with some beginner coral and fish. I didn't have a ton of time to really take it as far as I wanted but it was fun. I have the time now and want something nice.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm getting back into the hobby and will need to get help again. Thanks in advance. I'm in Minnesota so hello from Minnesota.

My first tank was a 40 gallon breeder with some beginner coral and fish. I didn't have a ton of time to really take it as far as I wanted but it was fun. I have the time now and want something nice.
Welcome to R2R. Nice to see another fellow Minnesotan getting back into the hobby. Incase you are not aware and live in proximity to the Twin Cities there are 2 very reputable LFS's in the area that specialize in saltwater fish and corals. New Wave Aquaria and Reef Collective. I purchase from both but mostly from New Wave Aquaria. Jen the owner of NWA is very well respected in the reefing community and she employs a very knowledgeable crew. All their fish are quarantined and monitored prior to going for sale. All the fish I purchased from them are very healthy and have never introduced any disease in my reef tank. They also have a huge selection of just about any coral you can think of. They will also assist with any questions you may have. Even if your not looking to purchase anything, you should make the trip there just to see some of the amazing display tanks they have set up in their shop. Reef Collective is also a great place. They will quarantine a fish for you but at a cost. If the fish does not make it through the quarantine process you are not charged a thing until a fish makes it through the process. They also usually have a big selection of corals. They have expanded their facility recently but I have not been there since the expansion so I am not sure what all they carry now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back