mia424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone!

My name is Mia and I am new to the hobby from Minnesota! I first began my saltwater journey about 1.5 years ago, and after MANY obstacles and roadblocks along the way, my 108 gallon fiji cube tank is finally complete (until I add more fancy equipment in the future!)

I currently have 1 black ice clownfish and one regular ocellaris clown in my display tank, which I moved over from their QT/temporary holding tank this past fall. They are thriving so far!

I’ve also been cultivating a large population of copepods in my display/sump and recently added a refugium which has been incredible at helping with unwanted algae!

I am very excited to show off the new additions I received from biota today: a pair of mandarin dragonets, a yellow tang, and a royal gramma basslet! The mandarins are TINY and I think they are adorable, but they are in their own acclimation box in the QT right now because I’m scared to set them free until they grow a bit more!

My tank is currently just a FOWLR, but I have started doing research on corals and I would love to start reefing in the near future!

I’m so excited to be here and I can’t wait to show you all how my tank grows!

IMG_0855.jpeg
IMG_0845.jpeg
IMG_0808.jpeg
IMG_0804.jpeg
IMG_0781.jpeg
IMG_0870.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back