Hello from the West of England

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world . So pleased your daughter is getting better. Long may it continue.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg

Jasc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Long time lurker that finally took the plunge and signed up.

We had a 450 litre reef (120 US gallons) that we broke down and sold in Yorkshire as after my daughter was diagnosed with ALL (in remission now and after Stem Cell transplant from her twin sister is getting better!!) we decided it was time we moved back down to our roots in the Swindon area in the west of England (Football/soccer junkies and Swindon season ticket holders).

Anyway I have bought a place that gives me a great space for a new much larger tank and we are planning an 11 foot, 2500 litre or so tank (roughly 600 gallon) that I promised my daughter when she got better. She has had her heart set on being a marine biologist forever and begged me since about 12 for a saltwater tank. There is a perfect location in the new house so we are entering the planning stage. She will be the biologist in this project!

We are going to have it designed and installed by a company in Peterborough but a lot of research into what equipment/controllers we'd like and have already scouted some LFS, one of which QT's all fish for 3 weeks so that's a start (As well as the main system we will get a fish QT and an invert/coral QT set up).

Before the design process though we are deciding what we want in it. Mixed reef and based around the following fish as the centrepiece:

3 x yellow tang
3 x regal tang
convict tang
orange shoulder tang
indian sailfin tang
2 x Mandarin (once pod population established, which will be first into the tank and refugium)q

What other tangs could the system be based around with one of that size and how many could we have without any trouble? Our previous system restricted tangs because of space.

And any other recommended fish that would work well in this build?

The start will probably be a shoal of Chromis.

Looking forward to tapping into the wisdom on the forum having read it for a long time and taking so much for the previous tank.
Welcome to reef2reef!!!
200.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back