Hello from Toronto Canada

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

like many who post here this is my return to the hobbie after a 15 year absence, I have had freshwater tanks since i was about 10 yrs old. I purchased a new 120 g 20 yrs ago and that was up for a whole 6 months until I said i want to go saltwater, this is something I always wanted to do since i was a kid but i was intimidated by it. I spent months learning and talking to people but was told it's very expensive, can't be sucsessivly done etc but i made the plunge anyway. I got to know a local LFS store which was run by a person most may know who owned/owns his own aquarium forum and we went to town drilling the tank adding a sump etc, but I had a real difficult time maintaining the aquarium. I lost fish in the process, corals and a ton of money was wasted, I lived this way for a few years while a put trust in a certain individual who never educated but sold, sold and more sold, stuff that was not even needed etc and that went on until i saw it as a money pit and broke everything down and sold it.

Now time has gone by and realize it is my own fault for not researching as i should and by putting trust in someone else to set me up for success. But the love for sea life is a passion and about 2 years ago I've been lurking around here and many other places, and for one I realized that man this hobbie has changed, and now something inside of me says lets go. I know there is always a lot to learn but this time around i am equipped with information entities like R2R and others that were not readily available and the info i've gleaned over the years i now feel I am definitely ready, stoked and ready to get going. I know it will come with ups and downs but learning from them and doing my best will be rewarding for sure.

So far I recently have bought a water box 290.6 Reef LX and I love it, everything is in place just waiting on some rock scape to come in, RODI is hooked up, water is made, waiting to add salt, and let the cycle begin.

Thank you to everyone here who has taking the time to post so people like me may learn, it is very valuable and appreciated and I can't wait to take this journey.

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello & Welcome!
IMG_9144.jpeg

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

like many who post here this is my return to the hobbie after a 15 year absence, I have had freshwater tanks since i was about 10 yrs old. I purchased a new 120 g 20 yrs ago and that was up for a whole 6 months until I said i want to go saltwater, this is something I always wanted to do since i was a kid but i was intimidated by it. I spent months learning and talking to people but was told it's very expensive, can't be sucsessivly done etc but i made the plunge anyway. I got to know a local LFS store which was run by a person most may know who owned/owns his own aquarium forum and we went to town drilling the tank adding a sump etc, but I had a real difficult time maintaining the aquarium. I lost fish in the process, corals and a ton of money was wasted, I lived this way for a few years while a put trust in a certain individual who never educated but sold, sold and more sold, stuff that was not even needed etc and that went on until i saw it as a money pit and broke everything down and sold it.

Now time has gone by and realize it is my own fault for not researching as i should and by putting trust in someone else to set me up for success. But the love for sea life is a passion and about 2 years ago I've been lurking around here and many other places, and for one I realized that man this hobbie has changed, and now something inside of me says lets go. I know there is always a lot to learn but this time around i am equipped with information entities like R2R and others that were not readily available and the info i've gleaned over the years i now feel I am definitely ready, stoked and ready to get going. I know it will come with ups and downs but learning from them and doing my best will be rewarding for sure.

So far I recently have bought a water box 290.6 Reef LX and I love it, everything is in place just waiting on some rock scape to come in, RODI is hooked up, water is made, waiting to add salt, and let the cycle begin.

Thank you to everyone here who has taking the time to post so people like me may learn, it is very valuable and appreciated and I can't wait to take this journey.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcometuna.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Welcome!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back