HELP - Anemone stuck in filter

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a post on here a few days back, my nem was stuck in my filter for a few mins, it got out and it was ok.

I left for a family party for a few hours to find THIS, and I don't know how long it was in there for.

I came home and my tank was cloudy (ish).

What can I do to help my nem!!! Will it be okay? Below is a picture of it's current state.
image0.jpeg

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove filter and try and get him out nicely, would run some carbon and do a water change.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to hear,carbon first,how are fish,yes a better pic of nem will help,

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off pump, slowly work the nem out of the filter and put it in a box or basket, do a big water change and run carbon.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the filter off leave other surface agitation on. See if it will come out or go in all the way so you can get it out more easily. Help if you can but be careful not to cause more damage. Run carbon in the tank wc if possible 30%ish. Post pic of nem once it's out of the filter

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove filter and try and get him out nicely, would run some carbon and do a water change.
Last time he was able to work himself out of it, I just lightly pulled on it- hes a bit looser now. I can see some tears on it, but no damage to the foot, so he should be fine. Fish are ok, I have a sick tang right now who's pretty stressed so I hope he's taking this well.

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another note, the quality of the water wasn't terrible, just a slight cloud. I think I made it sound worse than it was, it was just cloudy enough for me to notice. I'll do a water change asap.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
leave filter off ,should pull itself out,would move one or the other

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
think you avoided disaster looks like will be ok :)

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also recommend a sponge cover for the filter at least until it settles down. If you don't have one on hand a piece of a nylon rubber banded on will work. if you don't have a female around to steal one (assuming William dosent wear stocking) you can use a piece of an old worn out t shirt (make sure no perfumes or fabric softener stuff is on it), cheese cloth or something similar.

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think you avoided disaster looks like will be ok :)
I'd also recommend a sponge cover for the filter at least until it settles down. If you don't have one on hand a piece of a nylon rubber banded on will work. if you don't have a female around to steal one (assuming William dosent wear stocking) you can use a piece of an old worn out t shirt (make sure no perfumes or fabric softener stuff is on it), cheese cloth or something similar.
Alright I'll see, I moved the filter to an entirely different place for now. Thanks for the help, all of you :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a piece of a fishnet will work also

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it's hosting your clown too, that could be good the clown should take care of it removing dead flesh cleaning/fanning etc. Seems like it should be fine.
Yeah my clowns love this anemone, glad they can help him out. I'll keep you guys posted as to how my nem does. Thanks for the help.

Back