HELP Brown Jelly Disease Cipro dosing

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I got a big Euphyllia shipment in, and one sadly had brown jelly and died within a day. Sadly I didn’t notice and it was already in my tank and a few other corals got it.

I got 500MG Cipro pills but the formula is making me think I’m doing something wrong…

I got this formula:
Mix a 500MG pill with 50ML water
57 liters x .125 divide 10= 0.7125ML
Do this 3 times total every other day.

This would mean I would only use 2.1ML of the whole 50ML mix? Is this correct? It sounds like it’s not nearly enough and I’m wasting the entire pill…

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello!
I got a big Euphyllia shipment in, and one sadly had brown jelly and died within a day. Sadly I didn’t notice and it was already in my tank and a few other corals got it.

I got 500MG Cipro pills but the formula is making me think I’m doing something wrong…

I got this formula:
Mix a 500MG pill with 50ML water
57 liters x .125 divide 10= 0.7125ML
Do this 3 times total every other day.

This would mean I would only use 2.1ML of the whole 50ML mix? Is this correct? It sounds like it’s not nearly enough and I’m wasting the entire pill…
its dosed daily.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So for 6 days the 0,7ml?
yup. make sure you store the mixed solution in a dark, tightly closed container. UV/light will degrade the potency/efficiency of the mix. and of course, as cipro is an antibiotic, please make sure to dispose appropriately (as in, once you're done with the mixture place in a transparent container and leave outside or under light for a few days, then spill over some concrete or something away any areas you [or anyone else] frequents.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back