OP
OP
Juju2773

Juju2773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of folks have great experience with Jebao and I gave them a go. Unfortunately both died within 3 weeks. I now have a pair of AI Nero’s and they seem to work great—although I’ve only had them for about 6 weeks.

I’ve never tried the Tunze, but I have their ATO and it’s very well built. As to placement: I would start with one at either end and adjust the placement after observing the flow, as much depends on your aqua scape.
Thanks. My rocks are lined up all along the center, and run the length of the aquarium so, i would need to probably have them facing each other, but slightly off center, one closer to the front , the other closer to the back. Thats what im trying currently. Just what i have are not strong enough. Im thinking once i get the new set, i may also use my weak one on the back wall facing the front to add more in the problem spot.

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep what you have and position them in your dead zones, possibly behind your rock work, lower left, or lower right or both and then go with (1) side mounted mp40. You could look at your return flow as well.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll attach a picture of mine but doesn’t show anything to do with flow .

On one end closest to my overflow I have a cp-150
On the other end I have a scp-180
Both facing slightly upwards and towards the centre .

I have only 1 picture from the end and it’s a dirty side shot

72”x27”x27”

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
Juju2773

Juju2773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll attach a picture of mine but doesn’t show anything to do with flow .

On one end closest to my overflow I have a cp-150
On the other end I have a scp-180
Both facing slightly upwards and towards the centre .

I have only 1 picture from the end and it’s a dirty side shot

72”x27”x27”

Attachments

• 20230731_115502.jpg
    20230731_115502.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 60

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried gyres and found them to be a total pita. Mine would some how get a small bubble in them and start making a whining noise. I would have to take them off the glass and burp them once a week. They're long gone.
Love my vortech MP40s but I hate mobius. Mine are older versions so I don't have to use mobius as I use a reef link. Way out of your budget and overpriced IMO.
I have 4 Nero 5s but have only been running them for several months but so far I'm happy with them. I bought them over the vortechs because I'm fine with the Ai app and again in hate mobius and all the new ecotech stuff use it. I don't run an apex or any controller So I would have to use mobius and I won't. So Nero it is.
I've ran older jeboa several years ago and they worked but had short life spans. I've used the jeboa Nero knock off and they are OK but don't seem to have as much flow as the original neros.
I have an older tunze, 6105 I think. It has a basic controller. No app no wifi no Bluetooth. It just works. I've had it for probably 7 or 8 years and it is still in use in an overflow tank I have in the basement with misfit nems and coral. Tunze are not sleek and cool but dang they have been dependable for me. I have had a little nano one as well for years.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their model numbers are based on length or distance in centimetres .

For example the scp-180 is supposed to be rated for 180 cm length tanks.
I have the 120 mow, and it at 30% throws water onto the floor in my 75g 4ft, i have a 120 gyre from them and I covered it with sponges to stop it from doing the same. I would go with 2 models lower for a 75G.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Jebao spc-150, one on either end of my 125. I have had them running for over 3 years and have they are still going strong. The only think I dislike about them is it seems I regularly get little snails in them that cause them to start making an awful noise that I have to take them apart and get the snail out.

I also have a Neptune Wav on each side, and I like them but the amount of flow that they put out drops off quickly once they get a little bit dirty. They’re easier to clean than the Jebao gyres but they have to be cleaned way more often. They also have a reputation of being unreliable, require an apex, and are currently out of stock everywhere.

OP
OP
Juju2773

Juju2773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried gyres and found them to be a total pita. Mine would some how get a small bubble in them and start making a whining noise. I would have to take them off the glass and burp them once a week. They're long gone.
Love my vortech MP40s but I hate mobius. Mine are older versions so I don't have to use mobius as I use a reef link. Way out of your budget and overpriced IMO.
I have 4 Nero 5s but have only been running them for several months but so far I'm happy with them. I bought them over the vortechs because I'm fine with the Ai app and again in hate mobius and all the new ecotech stuff use it. I don't run an apex or any controller So I would have to use mobius and I won't. So Nero it is.
I've ran older jeboa several years ago and they worked but had short life spans. I've used the jeboa Nero knock off and they are OK but don't seem to have as much flow as the original neros.
I have an older tunze, 6105 I think. It has a basic controller. No app no wifi no Bluetooth. It just works. I've had it for probably 7 or 8 years and it is still in use in an overflow tank I have in the basement with misfit nems and coral. Tunze are not sleek and cool but dang they have been dependable for me. I have had a little nano one as well for years.
Yep... thats why im leaning hard toward the tunze. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
Juju2773

Juju2773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... after much thought, .... i decided to go for the Cadillac. I bought an mp40! My plan is to use it along with one of the ones i have now until i can slowly set aside enough to buy a second one for the other end of my tank. Ultimately, for me... it came down to having no cords or electrical in the tank. As well as, i have only heard very positive things a out their customer service if any problem should arrive. Thanks to all for the comments and useful info.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back