Help! Clownfish won't eat.

Sirduckington

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days ago I purchased 2 percula clownfish and added them to my tank. Every day I've offered them NLS and frozen blood worms but they just swim away from the pellets and the blood worms look like a jellyfish or something that they're scared of. I'm worried, what should I do?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the clowns aquacultured? What were they eating before you got them from the store? That info might be helpful.

Chad

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days ago I purchased 2 percula clownfish and added them to my tank. Every day I've offered them NLS and frozen blood worms but they just swim away from the pellets and the blood worms look like a jellyfish or something that they're scared of. I'm worried, what should I do?
This is what I offer my fish, I offer lrs fertility frenzy, mixed with garlic (eating enhancer) selcon (vitamins) amd some sustainable aquatics pellets...mine always easy like pigs. I occasionally feed live baby brine amd they mow those down fast. I would add garlic and see what they do.

OP
OP
S

Sirduckington

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Offer better food like mysis or even finely chopped fresh clams or shrimp. If you can find live brine shrimp, that usually will get a fish to eat. Dump the bloodworms, they are worthless to marine fish.
I offered mysis and brine shrimp and both got ignored.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And even if they don't eat, you would have it for finicky eaters or when your medicating a fish it will entice it to eat...

OP
OP
S

Sirduckington

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless wild caught which I highly doubt Clownfish should have no problem eating most prepared foods, which it appears you have tried. You may want to look towards water quality or signs of stress/disease.
I think I'll do a medium water change and see how it goes from there.

OP
OP
S

Sirduckington

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless wild caught which I highly doubt Clownfish should have no problem eating most prepared foods, which it appears you have tried. You may want to look towards water quality or signs of stress/disease.
Could stress from being in a new tank cause them to not want to eat?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back