Help! Coral angel beauty has white bump

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I should have one water change ready for tomorrow, I’m using copper power, it says to use one dose and it says online it’ll last around a month but the bottle says: Use at 2.5ppm copper: one fluid ounce to each 20 gallons of water. Do not repeat dosage. Unlike other copper medications COPPER POWER does not precipitate. It remains active in the water for many months to prevent new outbreaks of disease. That’s all the bottle says about the dosage

If you do water changes, it’ll remove the copper. I’d leave it at 2.5ppm for at least a week. During this time, don’t add any inverts to the tank! Now, if it is bacterial or fungal, copper won’t affect it. It will kill it if it’s a parasite though! Good luck :)

OP
OP
insanelogic

insanelogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t stop treatment so quick.

bring the copper a little higher and let it ride for 7 days at least

just cuz he’s showing good signs now doesn’t mean stop
Yeah, I’m going to keep it in until he’s fully better and a little longer to be sure

OP
OP
insanelogic

insanelogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do water changes, it’ll remove the copper. I’d leave it at 2.5ppm for at least a week. During this time, don’t add any inverts to the tank! Now, if it is bacterial or fungal, copper won’t affect it. It will kill it if it’s a parasite though! Good luck :)
Ok, I’ll raise it up a bit, thanks!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 145 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back