Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this has worked for me after trying everything under the sun

you need to hit ick hard if you can't beat ick without a QT

first off
big water change least 20%
bring temps to 80-82F this will increase life cycle of the parasite
remove carbons
2-3x dose of polyp labs Medic (reef safe) , i was doing 4 scoops (1 scoop per 50gal) for 80 gallons , 2 times a day before lights an when lights went out. then cut the dose to just 2 scoops after 3 days
Best UV you can get , the bigger the better , I pulled out my old green killing machines from my freshwater and got a new aqua UV 15w setup on the return line
get them feeding on mixture of food mixed in with a 1/4 tsp of ginger an 2-4 drops of garlic , keep them on this diet
after 7-10 days do a 15-40% water change restart medic if doing the full 14-20days

repeat medic dosage

after you have completed 14-20 days of medic water change again, i suggest using some Kick Ick (reef safe) after for 1-2 weeks

after a month its up to you if you want to stay on a ginger/garlic diet

continue to use your UV

so far this is best remedy i have found with actual results , this method took hippo tang from certain death covered in white spot to a healthy fish

corals won't die but by the end of the 20days you can tell they are getting annoyed with the treatments but week after the last water change,, they all bounced back.

good luck guys , hope there is a day in this reefing hobby where ick just isn't a variable

-cd

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back