Help ID worms on Reef tank

Nacho991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Looking for an ID on this worms found on my tank.

Any help would be much appreciated

IMG20240507112038.jpg IMG20240507112043.jpg IMG20240507112051.jpg IMG20240507112054.jpg IMG20240507112103.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nacho991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small anemone died (RIP) but It was a month ago AND i have made 20% Water change each week.
After anemone died. I did a 50% Water change.

It Is a 10 gallon tank. 3 almost 4 months old.

Inside there are 2 clownfish and 1 Starry Blenny

- 1 porcelain crab, 1 skunk shrimp, 3 small hermit crabs, 1 turbo snail and 1 small bumblebbee snail.

Nothing has died since anemone. Sometimes i have found molting from crab, shrimp AND hermits. But remove It as soon as i see It.

Filter Is a casacade. But today upgrading to canister. With charcoal filter.

Todays measurement of Ammonia was 0.15 AND nitrates at 25. Salinity 1.024

Should i worry about worms?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small anemone died (RIP) but It was a month ago AND i have made 20% Water change each week.
After anemone died. I did a 50% Water change.

It Is a 10 gallon tank. 3 almost 4 months old.

Inside there are 2 clownfish and 1 Starry Blenny

- 1 porcelain crab, 1 skunk shrimp, 3 small hermit crabs, 1 turbo snail and 1 small bumblebbee snail.

Nothing has died since anemone. Sometimes i have found molting from crab, shrimp AND hermits. But remove It as soon as i see It.

Filter Is a casacade. But today upgrading to canister. With charcoal filter.

Todays measurement of Ammonia was 0.15 AND nitrates at 25. Salinity 1.024

Should i worry about worms?
I don’t think they are a threat. I do think that your API test kit is giving you a bad impression of the cycle in your system.

I would recommend not testing for ammonia and focus on nitrate testing and making occasional water changes to keep nitrate levels down.

How much and how often do you feed the clownfish?

OP
OP
N

Nacho991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

For nitrates i used NOPOX for a couple weeks. I stop using It because algae Is not growing anymore. Yesterday was the day i stopped using It.

Today i just changed about 50% Water AND changed filter from waterfall to canister. Hope filtration Will help the quality of Water.

Will add nitrifying bacteria. Startsmart complete.

For feeding i started with 3 feedings (Flakes). AND changed to 5 feedings but less quantity each one. Because i have seen that when i feed small quantities they almost finish It.

Also the Starry Blenny has grown really passionate for the flakes as the shrimp.

Once each couple days i feed them with live brine shrimp or Frozen mysis. I reduce feeding those days.

For the Water changes. I have been doing them weekly not skiping one

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ISpeakForTheSeas might have the real answer, but I kind of liked mine so I posted it.
Haha, typically with little white bristle worms on the glass, they're Dorvilleid worms - in this case, though, I don't see any cephalic tentacles, so I can't confirm that they're Dorvilleid worms.

Regardless, yeah, these worms are practically guaranteed to be harmless/beneficial, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%

Back