Help identify this Dino please!

Mandarin the first

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify this Dino? Best photo I could get with my cheap microscope. They don’t seem to be moving at all. Disappear from the sand a bit at night but not entirely, get worse throughout the day with lights on.

D8C757D3-A4DC-4C22-ABBD-E9D0233181F3.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ID doesn’t factor in dinos cure attempts. What factors most is the gallonage of your tank

If it’s 40 gallons or below you have control options with a high degree of cure rates that large tank reefers don’t have. If you have a large tank, expect to see the range of results below from the huge dinos work thread, with a very very low cure rate we can see thumbing through the before and after pics.

=623 pages of work, no improvement over page one-ten results. It’s a stuck in place management option, reached its max.

Why would I say ID plays no role? Because even after getting ID as step one in all those jobs, the cure rate still isn’t above a few % out of 100. It’s not like we can search out an effective prorocentrum thread, vs an effective coolia thread etc. all dinos work threads that aren’t rip cleans have an extremely poor fix rate. ID plays no role in the 90% cure rates seen in any rip clean thread.

For a test, make an ID of your dinos with a microscope bought for the job, they need to see the cell morphology to classify

Once you get the positive ID, post for help in the nuisance algae forum and watch the pattern. Exactly like that thread above, you’ll be told to do things with nitrate and phosphate that will cause the counter invasion results seen in the thread above.

OP
OP
Mandarin the first

Mandarin the first

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ID doesn’t factor in dinos cure attempts. What factors most is the gallonage of your tank

If it’s 40 gallons or below you have control options with a high degree of cure rates that large tank reefers don’t have. If you have a large tank, expect to see the range of results below from the huge dinos work thread, with a very very low cure rate we can see thumbing through the before and after pics.

=623 pages of work, no improvement over page one-ten results. It’s a stuck in place management option, reached its max.

Why would I say ID plays no role? Because even after getting ID as step one in all those jobs, the cure rate still isn’t above a few % out of 100. It’s not like we can search out an effective prorocentrum thread, vs an effective coolia thread etc. all dinos work threads that aren’t rip cleans have an extremely poor fix rate. ID plays no role in the 90% cure rates seen in any rip clean thread.

For a test, make an ID of your dinos with a microscope bought for the job, they need to see the cell morphology to classify

Once you get the positive ID, post for help in the nuisance algae forum and watch the pattern. Exactly like that thread above, you’ll be told to do things with nitrate and phosphate that will cause the counter invasion results seen in the thread above.
I would like to do a rip clean but my tank is about 50 gallons and food grade containers to hold all rock and livestock and make new saltwater are very expensive where I live. I’m currently dosing phos, nitrate, waste away and running a GKM UV.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%

Back