Imnotjakeyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m relatively new to marine aquarium keeping I’ve had freshwater in my household my entire life growing up but this is my first salt tank and my first to keep by myself. I had been given an “established” tank from my neighbor who had to move and couldn’t keep the tank. After doing weeks and weeks of research I realized their care was sub-par (only took me a few hours to realize) to put it lightly. Everything seems fine now all levels are at 0 and stable except nitrates are slightly elevated but have been dropping at a decent rate. but I had noticed small little bubble like growths on the side and fins of my little clown he doesn’t seem to be distressed or even aware it’s there. Just not entirely sure if it is Ich, something fungal, or something else entirely. Any help would be super appreciated. I plan to learn everything there is to learn and more as I continue with the hobby. Thank you!
60E3DC2B-9A4D-4266-9BB2-8C7720B3ECC6.jpeg
0EBF861A-D359-444F-8D7A-74826B363B8F.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing lympho. I’d do a freshwater dip for 5 minutes in a dark bucket and see if “sesame seeds” remain afterward. Make sure the temp is matched.

OP
OP
Imnotjakeyv

Imnotjakeyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing lympho. I’d do a freshwater dip for 5 minutes in a dark bucket and see if “sesame seeds” remain afterward. Make sure the temp is matched.
“Sesame seeds”? Referring to the little growths? Lol

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see little sesame shaped things in the bucket after the dip then you know it’s flukes and need to treat with PraziPro. If you don’t see the sesame seeds then it’s probably Lympho which is not curable.

Many fish live with lympho and in lots of cases good water quality and diet will improve the fishes appearance and sometimes they’ll look as if nothing is wrong with them. If water quality starts to decline the spots may return.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, this is what dead flukes Often look like.

If you see little sesame shaped things in the bucket after the dip then you know it’s flukes and need to treat with PraziPro. If you don’t see the sesame seeds then it’s probably Lympho which is not curable.

Many fish live with lympho and in lots of cases good water quality and diet will improve the fishes appearance and sometimes they’ll look as if nothing is wrong with them. If water quality starts to decline the spots may return.

Exactly :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 63 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back