Help Identifying straggler

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef World, I bought a little colony from my LFS and I had this small piece of coral barely attached to the rock and I plucked him off and put him down in a hole in my rock. my eyes could be deciving me, but he's mutiplying... every day I look at this coral I can't believe how much bigger it is. Not the best picture but it is a brown almost mushroom-looking guy. is it just a regular mushroom or a leather of some sort?
IMG-2316.jpg

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef World, I bought a little colony from my LFS and I had this small piece of coral barely attached to the rock and I plucked him off and put him down in a hole in my rock. my eyes could be deciving me, but he's mutiplying... every day I look at this coral I can't believe how much bigger it is. Not the best picture but it is a brown almost mushroom-looking guy. is it just a regular mushroom or a leather of some sort?
IMG-2316.jpg
Going to try to turn up my whites in a few minutes and get a better picture!

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does look like that, thank you much! do you think it will grow up or will it grow all over the rock?
They can get massive (I have one that started that size and is now about 7 inches across a year and a half later, they can be over a foot across). They won’t spread like a Xenia or GSP, but it will drop babies that will drift around until they attach to something. All of mine end up collecting in this area of rubble (that’s just where the flow blows them) so they attach to little pieces of rubble, which makes them easy to give away or trade in at the LFS.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back