20210426_172400.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 34

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Your numbers look fine so only think I can think of is flow or being attacked. That was a very quick recession for a couple days.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is not a sting. There a water issue going on and requires some checking.
Possible alk spike but some things that cause this:

High Salinity
High temperature
Low PH
High alk
High nitrate
Too much light
too much water flow
Bugs such as black bugs
Bleaching which is the release, rejection, or loss of zooxanthellae from coral tissue

When this occurs, it can be very difficult to assess whether or not coral tissue remains. In some cases, tissue expansion can be apparent and it is obvious that there is coral tissue remaining, but that it is transparent. In other cases, and especially when a stressor is still present, coral tissue may not expand, or be reduced in mass, and remains tightly contracted. It is then very difficult to determine if there is coral tissue remaining, or if tissue loss has occurred. One of the fastest ways to assess this is to watch for the rapid colonization of diatoms and other algae.
Because a coral appears white, however, does not necessarily indicate that bleaching has occurred. The same signs of a pale or bare coral can also be indicative of tissue recession, competition, predation, environmental stress, and disease.

What test kits are you using? Hopefully not API which may be giving you false readings in which levels are higher than you realize.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a sting. There a water issue going on and requires some checking.
Possible alk spike but some things that cause this:

High Salinity
High temperature
Low PH
High alk
High nitrate
Too much light
too much water flow
Bugs such as black bugs
Bleaching which is the release, rejection, or loss of zooxanthellae from coral tissue

When this occurs, it can be very difficult to assess whether or not coral tissue remains. In some cases, tissue expansion can be apparent and it is obvious that there is coral tissue remaining, but that it is transparent. In other cases, and especially when a stressor is still present, coral tissue may not expand, or be reduced in mass, and remains tightly contracted. It is then very difficult to determine if there is coral tissue remaining, or if tissue loss has occurred. One of the fastest ways to assess this is to watch for the rapid colonization of diatoms and other algae.
Because a coral appears white, however, does not necessarily indicate that bleaching has occurred. The same signs of a pale or bare coral can also be indicative of tissue recession, competition, predation, environmental stress, and disease.

What test kits are you using? Hopefully not API which may be giving you false readings in which levels are higher than you realize.
I'm using Hanna nitrate phosphorus and dkh
I'm using red sea for calcium and salifert for magnesium. Ph I use a meter I bought on amazon.

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think so only thing near it is that torch and its tentacles never get long enough to touch the trachy.
Yeah i said the same thing about my torch and acans but one night i went down because the acan had be receding, The torch was having a war with the acan at night. At least 4 inches away. During day time they aren't anywhere near each other.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back