Help me choose a sump for a 200 gallon system...

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short i sold off my RS 650P as we thought we where going to live abroad for a year + well plans have changed ( you know how our wife's are)

I am about to but the Im 200 peninsula for my main DT the question is should I buy yhe new Nuvo sump to go with it or is there a better option.

for $600 extra I can add this to the pkg deal:
https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/Nuvo-RFS-50-Reef-Filtration-Series-Sump-p495205366

looks pretty sharp and will match my choice of plumping with is black and white. just no reviews anywhere that I can find. also dont thins its roller mat approved. :(

tank will be a fish only but also what options down the road for reefs.

other option I a DIY 60 breeder for 1/2 the price. or a 40br as I have one around for under 100.

open to thoughts and suggestions....

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that IM added a line of sumps. I haven't read any reviews or looked into them in great detail, but they look really slick! If they're constructed with the same quality of their tanks they should be popular. You could probably run a ReefMat using the legs in the second chamber.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that IM added a line of sumps. I haven't read any reviews or looked into them in great detail, but they look really slick! If they're constructed with the same quality of their tanks they should be popular. You could probably run a ReefMat using the legs in the second chamber.
I was wondering if one could do that. I would like to run a reef mat, skimmer as well as a fuge. maybe asking to much?

they do look pretty slick for sumps but not seeing any real word using out there I am a bit nervous.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that their new sumps are 18" wide and tall as opposed to the standard 16". I wish they offered more drain configurations but I think they are off to a great start.

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did you go with the RFS-50? I'm looking at the IM EXT 200g Peninsula right now, and there's a package that comes with that sump so I'm curious.

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did get the 200 with the RFS sump. still dry so i can t say if it a great sump or not but sure does look good.

Checking - we’re you ever able to get a reefmat setup for it? I am assuming you need to install it in the second chamber?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking - we’re you ever able to get a reefmat setup for it? I am assuming you need to install it in the second chamber?
no I never did.
correct you would need to install in the 2nd chamber.
my plan was to have one drain go into the filter cup section so it does not get nasty but the main drain to the reefmat.
BUT i decided to pivot on this build and do a FW planted...I know cray, but i also have a RS 300XL that will be for seahores and wanted more green in the house vrs all the cold blue of SW set up.
IDK fater a year so so i'll contunie with the large SW build.

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I never did.
correct you would need to install in the 2nd chamber.
my plan was to have one drain go into the filter cup section so it does not get nasty but the main drain to the reefmat.
BUT i decided to pivot on this build and do a FW planted...I know cray, but i also have a RS 300XL that will be for seahores and wanted more green in the house vrs all the cold blue of SW set up.
IDK fater a year so so i'll contunie with the large SW build.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. So reefmat takes over skimmer. Skimmer moves to fuge chamber. No fuge obviously, but maybe some room for reactors or something

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back